About The RAIDERS.NET.AU WebsiteRaiders.net.au (RNA) is a website dedicated to the Canberra Raiders rugby league club that competes in the National Rugby League in Australia.
The website is run by fans and is not operated by the Canberra Raiders club. RNA is run by fanatical Raiders fans, for fanatical Raiders fans. We all love the mighty Green Machine here!
The aim of the site is to provide Raiders fans with a place to get all the latest news about the club, as well as providing a site to debate and discuss topics relating to the Raiders and rugby league in general.
RNA also contains other special content, such as the first ever Canberra Raiders podcast, Raidercast, the Green Moments photo gallery, the Raiders Live Match Centre, and much more content for hardcore Raiders fans.
We hope you enjoy your time at RNA and thanks for visiting!
GO THE MIGHTY RAIDERS!
More About RNA
- RNA is administered by our team out of our Canberra studio, with additional team members located around Australia.
Raiders.net.au (RNA) is hosted from the Noble Park Fujitsu Data Centre and is proudly 100% Australian owned and operated. This data centre is also the home to many other high profile websites, including Australia Post's website. In 2012, the Noble Park facility received a $60 million upgrade from Fujitsu which focused on security, connectivity, and made the data centre one of the most energy efficient facilities of its size in the country.
The Noble Park Fujitsu Data Centre.
- We do what we do at RNA for the love of the mighty Canberra Raiders and are all volunteers.
- In order to provide Raiders fans with the very best service possible, the RNA admin team is constantly making updates and improvements to raiders.net.au to ensure it remains the the ultimate Canberra Raiders website.
- The current version of RNA was founded in 2009 when our old beta testing site was moved from it's temporary server to the current live server.
- RNA had two former incarnations before it became what it is today; the raiders.netai.net beta testing site, and RNA's predecessor, Raidersnet, which was run by members of the RNA team dating back to the early 2000s.
- When it was released in Nov 2010, the Raidercast "Pilot" episode became the first ever Canberra Raiders related podcast and the first of many Raidercast shows produced by Rick and the team at RNA.
- RNA was the first Raiders fansite to "go mobile" with a dedicated webiste for smartphones (m.raiders.net.au).
- Raiders.net.au was the first Raiders fansite to use social media services like Twitter and Google+ to update fans with news and info about the club.
- The Raiders do not receive the level of exposure in the mainstream media that the club deserves (we're pointing the finger mostly at you, Channel Nine). Because of this, the RNA team is determined to do whatever we can to fix this lack of coverage, and as a result we have lead an online revolution which has forced other rugby league websites to evolve and try to keep up. This has lead to a huge improvement in the overall quality of Raiders coverage on the internet since RNA was founded in 2009, which as passionate Green Machine fans is something we are very proud of.
- Raiders.net.au is always looking for more passionate, die-hard Raiders fans like us to join our volunteer team. If you love the mighty Raiders like we do and are interested in becoming a part of the RNA team, send us an email at email@example.com and tell us a bit about yourself and how you would like to help out.
Raiders.net.au website design and development:
Canberra Raiders Archives operations and maintenance:
Archie O'Shaughnessy, Theo Andrews-Kean
Raiders Match Centre game updates, Raiders News Centre operations, and RNA's social media accounts management:
Jeremy (GB7600), Matt (Chase94), Theo Andrews-Kean, Archie O'Shaughnessy, Renee
Raidercast hosting and production:
Rick Mathers, Renee, Theo Andrews-Kean
Canberra Raiders Archives forum software development:
Simple Machines (SMF)
CurveLife SMF theme design: